Together with Chevron, we’re helping advance Utah’s future energy workforce with scholarships for high school seniors and first-year college students who are pursuing STEM courses at universities, colleges and trade schools in Utah.
With the generous support of Chevron, we have awarded more than $135,000 in scholarships since 2016.
Five — $4,000 Scholarships
Awarded to students pursuing a STEM degree at a Utah-based college or university.
Five — $2,000 scholarships
Awarded to students pursuing an energy-related trade degree or certification from a Utah-based trade school or technical college.
- Eligible students must be in the 12th grade and enrolled in any public or private high school in Utah, or a first-year student pursuing a STEM undergraduate degree or STEM-related technical certification at a Utah institute of higher learning.
- Past scholarship winners are ineligible to apply for the program. Applications consist of a questionnaire and essay.
- To apply for the Energy Pathways Scholarship, go to CompleteScholarships.org and click the login button at the top of the page. Then choose "Create Account".
- Once your account is created, you will be asked to answer "matching questions" about yourself to determine which scholarships you are eligible to apply for. This could include your intended STEM Major and chosen Utah university, college or technical/trade school.
- The Energy Pathways Scholarship application must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on April 1, 2022.
“Receiving the Utah Energy Workforce Scholarship has greatly benefited my experience as a college student, and helped me recognize future job opportunities.”Katie Oliverson, student at the University of Utah